Friday, April 6, 2012

Easter Sweet Treats ~ Link Love

How are you doing on this lovely Good Friday afternoon?! I am feeling just awesome! Today is the first day of a four-day long weekend for me and I'm really looking forward to 4 fabulous days! This morning we woke up to some gorgeous sunshine --- the temperature is a tad on the cool side, but there isn't a cloud in the sky. I hear that`s what we can expect all weekend long ---- sah-weet!!!! 

All week, I've continued to battle my chest cold, but I made the decision earlier this week that regardless of how I was feeling, I was going to get myself out for a run today. I got up, got dressed and got myself out the door bright and early before I could talk myself out of it. I did an interval run where I did run/walk intervals for 28 minutes. I was planning to do a 50 minute run, but my lungs just couldn't handle it. My legs felt great, but I was definitely winded quickly. Even though it was tough and I'm definitely not feeling 100%, it felt really great to get out there and get active after 10 days of sitting around waiting to feel better.

Later this afternoon, Derek and I are heading over to spend the day and evening at our friends' place. It's going to be a relaxing night filled with good friends, lots of good food and probably a couple of lip-licking bevies.

We were told that we didn't have to bring anything, but I could never show up empty-handed! I`m a food blogger for goodness sakes and I have like a trillion recipes I want to try! Get togethers are a great excuse to make some of the sinful treats that I love so much, but can`t be trusted with when left on my own. I like to make and then give away :) 

I knew what I was going to make right away because I`ve drooling over them for ages. If you haven`t planned out your sweet treats and desserts for Easter, then I hope to inspire you with 3 fabulous recipes that are absolutely to die for.

This tastes EXACTLY like a Cadbury Creme Egg!
It`s really sticky and messy, but it is soooo perfect for Easter!
Next time I think I`ll try making it into eggs because you almost have to eat it with a spoon.
(Not that that`s a bad thing wink wink)



The softest, awesomest cookies ever.
It`s hard to find a chewy cookie that`s as good as a pudding cookie!
These are super cute and would be fun to make with your kids.


Ok, so this is one of mine, but I made it last year and
it`s been requested again this year and it`s too freakin`awesome not to mention.
If you`re feeding a crowd, this is the crowd-pleaser that you want to end your dinner with!
Trust me, I would never lead you astray ;)



So now I better be off! Derek wants me to whip up a spicy barbecue marinade for some shrimp (eek! I`ve never eaten shrimp in my life so I`m not really sure what concoction we`ll end up with!) and then we`ve gotta move our booties to get ready to go.

Do you make any sweet treats for Easter. If you`ve posted any of your fave recipes link up so I can check it out!

Is this a long weekend for you. How many days off are you lucky enough to get. Only some people in Canada get Easter Monday off and I am fortunate to be one of the lucky few :)

I hope you`re having a fabulous day and I wish you a warm and wonderful weekend spent with all those who are near and dear to you!

Andrea
xoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment