Sunday, September 23, 2012

Sunday

Good morning. How's the weekend been treating you so far?

Yesterday, my friend, Lisa, and I headed out to the Western Fair Farmers' and Artisans' Market. We chatted over coffee and picked up a bunch of locally grown produce. It was a lovely way to spend a Saturday morning. I tried to be inconspicious and snap some pictures on my smartphone, but they all ended up being blurry :) I really haven't gotten the whole "taking inconspicuous" pictures down yet!

It was also really, really busy and you couldn't really stop in the aisles without being the cause of a major traffic jam.

The only decent pic I ended up getting yesterday morning was of the vegan cinnamon bun I picked up for myself :) Gah! You get to see my guilty pleasure, but none of my healthy, locally grown veggies haha.


I haven't tried too many vegan baked goods in the past, but I must say this was heavenly!


So what's on tap for today?

Well, so far I've had an awesome Sunday morning breakfast of french toast, using some sour dough 12-grain bread I picked up at the market yesterday and coffee, obviously :-)

I'm planning to spend the rest of the day prepping some food for the week and hopefully I'll be able to make it out to Derek's baseball game. He's had the pleasure of assistant coaching our local University baseball team. It's an awesome opportunity for him and I really need to get out to cheer on the team!

What do you have planned for this lovely Fall day?

Have a great one and I will see you tomorrow with the deets on my meal planning,

Andrea
xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment