Friday, September 28, 2012

Friday Faves: Fall Ramblings

It seems like everyone is in love with the Fall season; me included. I hope you're not too sick of hearing about it yet, because I've decided to do a new series called Friday Faves and this week it seemed fitting to start with a Fall theme :)

1. Fall Decor - We love decorating our house and yard for the season! Would you believe me if I told you I made this wreath? The rich earthy colours of Fall are my fave. Derek is always anxious to get a bale of hay and some pumpkins and gourds to decorate our yard. We've already started and just need a couple more mums and some more gourds to finish everything up.



2. Changing Leaves - There are some beautiful areas to hike this time of year as the leaves turn from green to bright hues of red, orange and yellow. I also like walking around our village because there are lots of big ol' trees around our neighbourhood, and lucky for us, hardly any leaves that fall in our yard{win!}


4. PUMPKIN! Love, love, love pumpkin-y foods. I'm planning to use Angela's instructions and try making my own pumpkin puree this year. I see pumpkin lattes, pumpkin bagels, pumpkin pie oatmeal and many more pumpkin-themed meals in my near future!


5. Boots, tights & boot socks ~ SO. COMFY.


6. Fall Fairs & Festivals - They are everywhere around here right now. The radio announced last weekend that there were 39 Fall Fairs going on around Ontario! We love the animals, the food, the rides, the concerts --- yep, just about everything that comes with a fair! This weekend I'm heading to an apple festival with some co-workers in the smallest little town ever. I think small towns put on the best fairs!

Pinned Image

7. Herbal Tea - Typically I'm a coffee addict, but there's nothing more satisfying than a cozy night at home with the fireplace blazing, a fleecy soft blanket and a giant mug of steaming tea. My favourites right now are Indian Spice Chai and Sleepytime Vanilla (both from Celestial).

 

8. And of course, you're already aware of my love affair with apples. I love me some Honey Crisp apples and already need to stock up for a second time this season. I like them raw, in strudels, pies, cobblers or my favourite easy peasy recipe: crockpot applesauce.



There are so many things I love about Fall, I really could go on and on, but I'd rather hear from you....


What is your most favourite thing about the Fall season?

Have a great day,

Andrea ~ TGIF!!!  
xoxo 

2 comments: