Saturday, March 12, 2011

Inspirational Bloggers & Two Really Good Recipes

There are so many amazing food bloggers on the web today and everyday I am inspired by their creative recipes and eye for beautiful food photography.

I've seen a ton of recipes lately that I bookmarked to try, so today I'm going to share two absolutely amazing recipes from 2 of my favourite bloggers.

First, let's start off with Angela's healthy Taco Salad for One recipe. I followed this recipe to a tee and this is one of the most amazing and delicious salads I have ever eaten (PS - it's also cleanse-friendly). I don't go for a salad that's consists of just lettuce and veggies ~ can you say boring?!? I enjoy a salad that's jazzed up and this salad fits the bill. I never thought I'd enjoy a taco salad again after becoming a vegetarian, but the bean/walnut "meat" mixture is so good. I'd say this salad is even better than the original taco salad and I'm sure it's much lower in calories and fat!! This is a salad I could eat every single day!


Now, before I share this next recipe, I want to warn you that it's not for the faint of heart. If you're doing a cleanse or trying to watch what you eat, I need to advise you to stop reading now!!!

Jessica's Red Velvet Brownies are to die for. The only change I made to her brownie recipe was that I substituted water for the red food colouring. Since St Patty's Day is just around the corner, I added green food colouring to the icing - I think they look cute and festive!



When I decided to make them, I was going to be strong and not even have a taste, but alas I caved. These brownies are so fudgy and delicious. They are the defintion of "to die for."

WARNING: these are not cleanse-friendly.

I have now returned from the dark side and am back on track :-)

Someday when you have a little time to surf the Net, you really should take a quick peak around Angela and Jessica's sites. They have so many more awesome recipes. Its amazing bloggers like these two gals that inspired me to start my blog.

Wishing you a wonderful weekend,

Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment