Wednesday, August 22, 2012

What I Ate Wednesday Goes Green!

Hiya and welcome to Wednesday :-D


Apparently GREENS are this week's must-have summer staple because there's been alot of GREEN  taking over my kitchen!  Check out the latest produce picked from my garden ~

Zucchini, head lettuce, leaf lettuce, beans and my very first pepper!

I've been giving oodles of produce away and still my fridge is overflowing with all of this green loveliness. That is not a bad problem to have!!

I've been incorporating lots of veggies into my recent eats. Check it out:

 
Breakfast

Toasted scrambled egg sandwich with avocado & salsa!



Lunch

Mixed green salad with grape tomatoes, shredded cabbage & carrots, spicy peanut tofu and a quinoa/bulger mix. Why do all the salad fixin's always end up at the bottom of the bowl?!?!



 Another awesome lunch from earlier this week was cottage cheese
and some leftover Orzo Spinach Greek Salad from the weekend.


Snackage

Well this 'green' didn't come from my garden, but it is definitely one of the best foods on the planet. Plain brown rice cake with smashed avocado and a pinch of sea salt. Best. Snack. Ever.



Dinner
Oven roasted butternut squash with Courtney's Light & Tasty Zucchini Casserole.


 

Yum!

I'm happy to be back into a routine at home and my meals are getting much more back to the normal clean eats that my body loves best.

Thank you to Jenn for continuing to host this weekly link up par-tay. Make sure you head on over to her site to see what staples other bloggers must have on hand this summer.

 
What are your must-have summertime foods?

Have a great day!

Andrea
xoxo

5 comments:

  1. i love toast with avocado. and...add some goat cheese to that? you are in heaven...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE goat cheese --- thanks for the tip!!! Those aren't 2 foods I would have thought to put together!

      Delete
  2. Your snack looks familiar ;) I love that combination and used to eat it all the time! Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of your meals look and sound delicious :)

    ReplyDelete