Thursday, September 15, 2011

Comfort Soups for the Soul

Happy Thursday! My oh my has the weather taken a turn to chillier temperatures! I didn't even look outside this morning before I came prancing out of the house with sockless feet and sunglasses on top of my head. I was shocked to open the front door to dark gloomy skies and some seriously cool air!!!

As soon as the cold weather hits, my body starts to crave comfort food. I love thick creamy soups, casseroles baked in the oven and roasted squash and sweet potaters.

I started my blog back in January and since so many of you missed my first few months, I thought I'd give a shoutout to my favourite soup recipes in honour of the cool nights of Fall. Check out some of these fabulous recipes:

Comforting Cauliflower Soup
In my neck of the woods, fresh cauliflower is super cheap right now, so this is a great "budget" meal idea. You won't believe how creamy it is until you try it. It is truly too die for. Next time I make it, I think I'm going to add a little cheddar to mix it up!



This was one of the first recipes I made completely from scratch that was absolutely scrumptious! I was like a proud mama bear after I made this!

It's especially delish when served with red wine and warm whole wheat biscuits!


Perfect for those who like a little spice in their lives!



Now this is one of my more recent recipes. You all know how much I've been loving tomatoes and this soup is just one of the many recipes I have made this summer! I even have a bunch of fresh tomatoes in the freezer, so that we can enjoy this soup all winter long.


So there are just a few of my favourite comforting soup recipes. Do you have a fave recipe you'd like to share? Paste in a link to your recipe if I can find it online - I'm always looking for new & delicious recipes to try!

Have a great day.....& stay warm ;-)

Andrea

12 comments:

  1. I am ALL about soups now that the weather is getting chillier!! These all look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love comforting foods. Soup is definitely one :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am LOVING soups right now with a big hunk of fresh bread, yummmm!
    Isn't it cold right now? I had to dig out a coat this morning my phone said it was 4 degrees :oP

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh, I love soup! Especially ANY barley stew sort of soup. And the sweet potato/squash craving has definitely hit me all of a sudden, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ive been looking for some good soup recipes! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm! Love this post! I have been craving soup too because it's been cold here and I made corn chowder last night! I'm definitely going to try some of these! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love soups, they're so tasty and a great way to pack in loads of nutrients in the colder months. Thanks for all the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. mmm that soups looks so good! soup is definitely the most comforting food for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. the weather in Vancouver is sending me for a loop! It was hotter than a beaver last week we had the AC on and now its super chilly and mostly rainy!! I miss the summer, but finally am accepting that fall is here and I need to crack the soups and chili's back out!! Thanks for the FAB recipes doll!

    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great recipes lady! I especially loving that tomato one, a childhood favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The cauli & tortilla soups look awesome!

    ReplyDelete