Monday, June 4, 2012

Weekend Rundown

Happy Monday! Did you have a wonderful weekend?

Despite the gray and rainy weather, our weekend was pretty great. It started out on Friday night when we headed out for drinks and a little karaoke. After a bit of "liquid courage", I might have sang a little of this.....



....and this...


I'm not exactly Sara Evans or Sheryl Crow, but I can hold my own :)

Derek and I headed out bright and early on Saturday morning and went for breakfast at our favourite greasy spoon. I was hurtin' just a wee bit from Friday night and I totally indulged in a greasy breakfast that included homefries and an egg & cheese wrap. It was soooo good and I devoured it like a person who'd been starved for a week. Derek got pancakes and they were awesome! I ate part of his and most of mine and was STUFFED! I really think we need to make some homemade pancakes in the near future --- it's been way too long since we've made them at home and I have an awesome recipe from scratch {I'd forgotten all about that recipe until today. I'm thinking that I'll have to share it with you very soon!!!}.

After breakfast, Derek headed down to the baseball field to do some work because their home opener was scheduled for yesterday and I ran around and did the usual errands and groceries. Other than that, the day was pretty relaxed....I cleaned the house, finished reading Catching Fire (the 2nd book in the Hunger Games series) and hit the sack by 11 p.m. which is fairly early for us on the weekend.

I didn't get groceries last week after our weekend away, so we had alot of re-stocking to do...

Sunday was a super relaxed day. I slept until 9 a.m. --- I felt amazing! I lounged around drinking coffee and watching made-for-TV movies.

I am LOVING the new Starbucks K-Cups! Starbies at home = Sunday morning bliss :)

Derek's baseball game got cancelled because of  rain, so we ended up being able to veg out at home all day long. I made some dog treats, finished laundry and watched lots of TV :) It was wonderful!

The rain stopped in time for us to barbecue for dinner. As you can see I'm still doing well at the Salad a Day challenge. I've had one everyday so far!

Dinner last night was a veggie burger on a flat bun and
a grilled veggie salad with black beans & quinoa.
Delicious!

Every now and again it's  nice to have a nice relaxing weekend, wouldn't you agree? I feel refreshed and rested and am looking forward to a very productive week....my workout schedule is planned and so are my meals, so I'm confident that this week's going to be a great start to meeting all of my June goals.

Here's a peek at this week's menu:

Breakfasts
Mango or Berry Smoothies
Egg White Scrambles
Greek Yogourt with Fruit

Lunches
Lots and lots of SALADS!!!

Dinners
Make-Our-Own Pizza
Grilled Vegetable Salad with Quinoa (& Beef Tenderloin for Derek)
Burgers and Homemade Fries/Sweet Tater Fries
Mexican (not sure exactly what this will be yet)
Quesadillas with Black Bean/Avocado Salad
Steak (Derek)/BBQ Tofu (me) with grilled  veggies

Have you ever been out for karaoke? If you have and you had the nerve to sing, what song did you choose?

What is your favourite day of the week and why?

Have a great day,

Andrea
xo

2 comments:

  1. My go to karaoke song is Ice Ice Baby. I know all the words! :)

    My favorite day of the week is Saturday. I can sleep in a little, go out at night and have no worries about work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely don't do karaoke! Unless I'm home with just the kids.

    My favorite day of the week is MONDAY! I work twelve hour shifts during the weekend so monday is technically my Friday and I generally don't have clinicals so I can sleep in until 6-7 AM! Unless I decide not to go to class at all that day ;-) Which I totally did yesterday.

    ReplyDelete