Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Just GO For It!

Hiya & Happy Tuesday!

To me Tuesdays seem to be the most tedious day of the week. Last weekend is long gone and we've still got a ways to go before next Friday rolls around. {Yes people, I live for the weekend!} So, to make this Tuesday a little more special and exciting, I thought it was the perfect time for sharing something that's been on my mind for quite some time now.....pursuing the things you desire.

Are there things that you'd like to do that you are putting off until a better or more convenient time comes around? Do you have dreams that you are just dying to purse, but there seems to be something that's holding you back? Do you have a feeling deep down in your soul telling you that you are meant to do something different or something more but you're too afraid to take the first step?

My answer is: yes! yes! and yes!

It could be something as simple as, "I'm going to start eating clean and working out" or it could be more life-altering like a change in careers --- you always plan to start it next week, next year or sometime down the road, but for some reason that time never comes around. Sound familiar? This is, or I should say was, so totally me. Take the eat clean and working out example ~ I might start to eat clean and workout, but if I fall off the wagon by Wednesday (which I often did), I would just continue rolling downhill all the while promising myself that I would start again...next week. Oy, what a vicious trap we set for ourselves.

This is in fact one of the goals I've been wanting to accomplish and as you know I am now into week 3 of a 12 week program to get me started on the right path. There's no more excuses, no more waiting ---- I decided to just Go For It! As a gift to myself for my 35th birthday (coming up in November), I want to be healthy, fit and confident enough to rock a beach in a super cute bathing suit. I have never been healthy, fit and confident all at the same time and I decided that it was either now or never, so I committed to a plan, found a buddy to do it with me and just jumped off that ledge.  I really didn't want to look back in 20 years and think, "Now why couldn't I have just buckled down done it?"
Pinned Image
Source: Pinterest via Robin Craig

 I don't want to look back at my life with regret. The example above is just one thing that I've been wanting to do and have been putting off  until a more convenient day, until I have some downtime where I can commit without any challenges, etc. etc. The reasons why NOT to do it were endless, but the reason why I needed to do it was what was important; it is something that I really, truly want and I deserve to give myself the chance to accomplish my goal and be the best me possible.

We have the power to control our own destiny. If you want something, there is nothing stopping you from going after it. All you need is desire and drive. It can be really scary to take a risk and do something different or challenging, but fear is normal....just don't let it paralyze or inhibit you to the point of not doing it. Heck, do you remember how afraid and intimidated I was to go into the free weights area of my gym?? I know it sounded ridiculous to some, but it was a true and valid feeling for me. The first day I went, I was literally shaking in my sneakers praying as I walked through the door that the gym would be deserted. Now, after only 2 weeks, I remember why I had the fear, but I know it was a little bit ridiculous. I love the free weights and I am getting more and more comfortable in that area of the gym each time I go. I'm so glad I looked that fear in the face and worked through it because I look forward to each and every workout and can already feel the benefits of my hard work. I survived and it was SO. WORTH. IT. (it was a helluva lot easier than I expected too!!)

So, before I send you on your way, I want to encourage you to take a leap of faith this week. Take some steps towards a goal or dream that you've been wanting to achieve and Just Go For It! I know you can do it and the end result is going to be worth the work to get there.

Pinned Image
Source: Pinterest via Betty Lefler

What is one thing you have been wanting, but have been putting off until that perfect time rolls around? Now, whatcha gonna do about it?!

Good luck friends!

Andrea
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment