Monday, November 26, 2012

Pumpkin Spice Protein Pancakes

Pancakes.


They're becoming a Sunday morning tradition at our house. I often make a big batch and then toast up the leftovers for breakfast during the week.

....but a travesty occurred yesterday my friends. I'd already decided on Saturday night that I wanted to try making a pumpkin version of my protein pancakes. On Sunday morning, the batter was made and the griddle was hot....and then I realized the worst; I was out of maple syrup! Pancakes without syrup?! Oy, I wasn't sure if I could do it, but I did and it.was.good.

I hope you're not too sick of pumpkin recipes yet because these turned out to be fantastic. In keeping with my clean eats plan, I topped mine with a wee bit of Earth Balance and that was it, but you could definitely fancy them up with some maple syrup, walnuts or some white chocolate chips...or of course you could add a little of everything to make these the absolute ultimate!!!

Pumpkin Spice Protein Pancakes
Makes 8 pancakes

1 c old fashioned oats
3/4 c 1% cottage cheese
3/4 c egg whites
1/2 c pumpkin puree
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp stevia
1 tsp chia (optiona)

Heat your griddle to a medium high heat.

Add all of the ingredients into your blender and blend until smooth.

Pour onto griddle into 4" rounds. Cook until the edges start to look dry and then flip. Continue cooking until the pancakes are cooked through.

Serve immediately and top with your fave pancake toppings.



Store your leftover pancakes in the fridge and toast the next morning for an awesome weekday breakfast!

What's your favourite Sunday morning breakfast?

Have a great day!!

Andrea
xoxo

3 comments:

  1. I've never tried cottage cheese in pancakes before. This recipe sure does sound tasty though.

    Favorite Sunday Breakfast: I'm not one to change up my daily meals, so it's usually a smoothie or some sort of egg concoction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite Sunday morning breakfast is one where someone else does the cooking! :) These look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. Medical Billing Company

    ReplyDelete