Friday, November 16, 2012

Taking the Workouts Indoors

Hi! The weather around these parts has done a quick 360 and it has been cold, gray and wet. I'm a big wimp and don't go out when it's crappy weather, so that means my workouts have been moved inside. I get really bored with the same workouts day after day, so I know that I need to keep things interesting and I need to have a PLAN once I'm 100% moved indoors. Creativity is key to keep this gal motivated and in the gym during the winter months!! 
Pinned Image

Here's some of the workouts I've been enjoying lately:

  • I am in love with yoga right now. On Saturdays, I often go to a kundalini yoga class, which I love! The Fitnessista is hosting a Namaste November challenge right now too, which challenges the participants to spend at least 10 minutes per day doing yoga. I'ved joined the challenge and I've done it almost every day. It's quite amazing what a difference 10 minutes of mediation and stretching can make in your day. When I spend a few minutes in the morning in peace and quiet where I can stretch and just focus on the day, I feel so centred and on track. I am loving this new ritual of mine!!
  • When I need a routine to do at home, I've been relying on the Internet. My favourite yoga sites are YogaDownload.com and MyYogaOnline.com - there are some free classes or your can pay a fee for some more intense classes.
  • I don't know about you, but I can't just hop on a treadmill/spin bike/elliptical machine and go full tilt for 30 - 60 minutes. Can you say boring?! I'm constantly on the lookout for some fun workouts  that keep it interesting. I often check out Julie's workout page and Courtney's workout page when I'm looking for a new cardio workout. If you are looking for some fun workout ideas, check out my Workouts/Runs Pinterest page because I'm always updating it with new workouts that I find.  
  • If I find a cardio routine to do on the treadmill or elliptical machine, then I like to pair it with a weights workout. You might recall that I tried out some of Jamie Easson's LiveFit workouts back in early July and I still like to reference them when I'm looking for a weights workout.
  • Group classes at the gym are another one of my fave ways to be active in the winter. My favourite classes are Zumba, Spin and Circuit training.
  • DVD Workouts - I don't own too many yet, but I do love Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred and I'd love to get a couple of the dance cardio DVDs that Gina recommends here.
Everytime I think about skipping a workout, I think about this:

Pinned Image

How do you keep yourself motivated at the gym?

Do you have a fave workout DVD or site? I'd love to hear from ya!!

Have a GREAT Friday!

Andrea
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment