Friday, July 8, 2011

Grillin' PB&Js

Happy Friday!!

I'm so happy we've arrived at yet another weekend and I must say the weather forecast in our neck of the woods is looking absolutely fantabulous! It's gonna be sunny & hot! hot! hot!!

We have a busy night ahead of us, so I wanted to have a quick and easy dinner leaving time for play with the pups and for a little resting up to prepare for a fun night out with friends.

On Friday, my bestie brought a jar of her mom's homemade strawberry jam over. It had just been made on Thursday ~ it can't get any fresher than that and I have to say it is goo-ood!!


And then on Tuesday my long awaited (thanks to the Canadian postal strike) Trader Joe's package from Cait at Beyond Bananas arrived. I got lots of awesome looking goodies, but so far this guy is my favourite.....


So, I guess it's obvious what I decided to chow down on tonight for dinner.....it PB&J time baby!! With a twist of course ;-).

I saw a grilled pb&j on a tortilla on Sarah's site in her last WIAW post and it's been on my radar ever since. I have to tell you it is awesome!

Grilled PB&J Tortilla
Serves 1

1 tortilla (I used a 6" whole wheat tortilla)
1.5 - 2 tbsp nut butter
1.5 - 2 tbsp favourite jam

Lay your tortilla out on a flat surface.

Spread your nut butter on one half and the jam on the other half.


Fold the tortilla in half.

Heat up a frying pan over medium heat and place the folded tortilla into the pan.


Leave for 2 or 3 minutes (until golden brown) and then flip.


The tortilla is ready for munchin' once both sides are golden brown and the nut butter is all melty and delicious looking.


Serve immediately!

I had mine with some chopped grape tomatoes, mixed with chunks of mozzarella and balsamic vinegar.


It sounds like a weird combo of flavours to eat together, but I have to tell ya it was really, really tasty!

What is your favourite nut butter?
Any exciting plans for this weekend?

Have a great evening and an even better weekend,

Andrea

6 comments:

  1. How have I not thought to grill PB&J!?! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am alll about the almond butter when it comes to nut butters. I can't ever pass it up it is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never had sunflower seed butter!! I'll have to try it. Although I'm a pb addict so I dont' know if I could cheat with a seed butter ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can't beat the OG peanut butter, in my opinion. I do love almond butter as well, though--and sunflower butter is on my to-try list. Okay, I basically love any nut-seed-or-fruit butter. The grilled PB&J looks so good! I've done that w/ bread before, but a tortilla would yield a much better carb-to-nut ratio...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love grille pb&j's but never tried it with a tortilla!

    ReplyDelete