So, it's been a few weeks since I last did a post about loving ourselves and I thought it was high time to up the inspiration here on Vegvacious as the summer winds down and we get back into our normal routine. This post is to motivate me as much as it is to motivate you!!
For me, summertime is all about backyard barbecues, fun nights with friends, outdoor concerts, patios and beer. Lots and lots of beer. I'm not going to lie; I have been indulging alot more than usual in the food and alcohol department and I've been lucky to fit in 3 workouts per week. Physically I'm definitely seeing and feeling the results of my indulgences. I'm sluggish, I've been experiencing some nasty breakouts, I detect a little bit of a muffin top squeezing up over the waist of my pants and I am feeling very lazy and unmotivated. I'm also feeling very self conscious of the few extra pounds I've put on and of my not-so-fabulous skin, which affects my body image and self esteem. Now that the summer is winding down, I think it's time to make some changes to get back on the right track.
We only have one body in this life and personally I'm hoping mine is able to carry me
through at least 50 or 60 more wonderful years. Just like any machine, I need to care for it and provide it with regular maintenance to ensure optimal performance.
Often we forget to take proper care of our bods. I certainly have and I want it to stop right now! Our bodies are a strong and amazing vessel and we need to cherish it, pamper it and treat it right.
If you respect your body and give it what it needs to perform at its optimal level, then you'll feel great which will boost up your self image. You'll hold your head a little higher and walk a little taller. If you respect yourself, that self-confidence will glow from the inside out and people are going to stop and take notice! You will feel like you are capable of anything....and guess what baby?! YOU ARE!!!!!
So what can we do to show our bods a little RESPECT?! There are some really easy ways and I guarantee you've heard these before. I know I have, but for some reason knowing them and putting them into practice are 2 totally different things.
1. Eat right. Cut out the processed, chemical-laden convenience foods and opt for natural, whole, real foods.
2. Drink lots of water. We need to replenish every single day!
3. Forget about that darn scale --- weight is just a number. We all have a place where we feel great when we look in the mirror. Numbers DO NOT MATTER.
4. Exercise daily. Even if you can't make it to the gym one day. Make a point of parking at the back of the parking lot and hoofin' up the stairs. Every little bit counts.
5. Sleep, sleep, sleep. Make sure you get lots of rest. If you want your body to function at its best, then you need to give it some downtime.
6. Listen to what your body is telling you. If you aren't feeling well and your gut tells you something isn't right, go to see your doctor. If you have a muscle that's really sore, don't push your limits at the gym. Take a day off to rest and recuperate.
7. Challenge your mind. Oh yes my friends, we can't forget about our brain. Read a book, sign up for a seminar. Go outside, take a walk and observe. Never stop learning and challenging your mind!
So these are some obvious suggestions. Do you have any ideas on how we can respect our rockin' hot bods a little better?
Have a great night!