Wednesday, August 31, 2011

What I Ate Wednesday

Can you believe that it's August 31st today?! This summer has absolutely flown by and although I'm sad to see it go, I am really looking forward to the warm days and cool nights of Fall ~ it's hands down my fave season!

So what have you been chowing down on in the past week? Have you had lots of tasty eats? I am still completely tomato-obsessed and am trying to fit in as much fresh fruit and veggies as possible!






Check out some of my fave eats from the past week:

Breakie: leftover veggie pizza (with green olives of course!)

Do you like to eat cold pizza or do you reheat it? I love ooey gooey cheese, so I'm a reheater :-D

Lunch: whole wheat bagel-wich with Laughing Cow cheese, baby spinach, fresh tomatoes and cukes

One of my all-time fave summer sammies
(right next to grilled tomato & cheese which makes an almost daily appearance in my household!)

Dinner: grilled veggie wrap & a mixed greens salad topped with fresh pears, raw pecans, goat cheese and raspberry poppyseed vinagrette

Heaven to the tastebuds!


Snackie snacks: Veggie Straws

I recently discovered this new snack, which is a healthier alternative to chips
& other salty munchies. Totally addicting and delicious!

If you're looking for more meal inspiration, head on over and visit Miss Jenn at Peas & Crayons to see what all her other bloggie friends have been munching on!

Have a great Wednesday!
Andrea

PS - only 2 more days 'til the LONG WEEKEND!! Wooohoooo!!!!! 

16 comments:

  1. I cannot believe august is pretty much done either!! Happy WIAW :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, this month went way too fast!!
    Those veggie straws look so interesting, ive never seen them before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you, girl-- the summer went way too fast! It practically went by in a flash before my eyes :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Veggie straws? Intriguing! I don't think I"ve seen those in stores yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those veggie straws! I just tried the salt and vinegar kind, mmmmm
    Definitely a pizza reheater, cheese should be bubbly, its a rule :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loooove cold pizza for breakfast! But any other time of day I want my leftovers hot and gooey. And those veggies straws ARE so addictive--yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I pretty much like pizza any way you slice it! Pun intended :-) Looks like a great day of eats.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ughh No i cannot believe it is already almost September! Where the heck is this year going?!?
    Both cold and hot pizza are totally fine in my book :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love veggie wraps!! I had them all summer at the restaurant I worked at :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been wondering about those veggie straws, thanks for sharing!

    As for the pizza I am a slight re-heater...I can't eat it completely cold out of fridge but I do not want it warm either....does that make sense?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this food! I'm a huge "reheater" of my food too. Although I think the perfect pizza temp is just out of the oven and cooled down a bit... mmm!

    Emilie
    www.liveeatsmile.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've kind of been obsessed with grilled veggie wraps lately. At least it's a healthy obsession, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now I am totally in the mood for a slice of veggie pizza! I like it cold. I haven't had cold pizza in ages though. This is not okay!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I miss my summer already....there is almost a crispness in the air here and my summer fruit is slowly coming to an end :( Dang!!!

    Your food looks scrumptious!!!
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ohh I've been wanting to try those veggie straws! I bet I'd munch through that bag pretty fast ;)

    Have a great long weekend, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm a total cold pizza eater! I love gooey cheese, but there is just something about cold pizza in the morning! :-)

    ReplyDelete