Sunday, February 27, 2011

ABCs of Me

I saw this earlier on another blogger's site and I thought how cool is this?!? I feel like I have so much in common with some of the bloggers in the way that we blog and the foods that we eat, but I really don't know much about them nor them know much about me.

Since I am a newbie to the world of blogging, I thought this was a great way to share a few fun factoids about myself with you!! So friends,  here goes:

Age - 33

Bed Size - Queen, but between my hubby and our one rotti who tries to sleep on the pillow at the head of the bed, I barely get the square footage of a single :-)

Chore you dislike - Dusting. Living in a rural area with 2 large dogs makes dusting a futile chore. It has to be done, but sometimes I could turn around the start right over because we are never dust-free. My hubby claims that he "does not know how to dust" <sigh> so this chore always seems to be mine.

Dogs - We have 2 rottweilers - Dora & Hank.
Hank
Dora

Essential start your day - Green Smoothies!! Right now, while cleansing I am starting my day with a warm glass of water with a squeeze of lemon and pinch of cayenne pepper.

Favourite colours - I love hot pink (always a little girl at heart), purple and burnt orange.

Gold or Silver - I love white gold.

Height - 5'7 1/2"

Instrument Play(ed) - I took piano lessons as a kid, but I hated practicing and I was scared to death of my piano teacher, so I didn't stick with it. Now when I look back, I really wish I could play the guitar.

Job Title - I am a Law Clerk. I moonlight as a dog trainer.

Kids - No human kids, just fur babies.

Live - Southwestern Ontario, Canada. In a small rural community of about 100 people.

Mom's Name - Louise

Nickname - As a kid, people used to call me Andy. My husband & I call each other babe - I hate being called "Bloomy's Wife" but that seems to be a nickname too!

Overnight Hospital Stay - When I was an infant, I had abdominal surgery. Thankfully, no other major medical issues requiring overnight stays since (I'm knocking on wood right now)

Pet Peeve - Pessimism (I am a glass half full kind of gal) and people who don't scoop their puppies' poop!

Quote From A Movie - Gosh...I have been pondering this one and I can't think of a single one! I love movies, but my memory is like a seive. I always wonder how people do it when they can spew off all sorts of movie quotes!

Righty or Lefty - Righty!!

Time I Wake Up - I plan to get up during the week at 6 a.m. Realistically, I would say I typically get out of bed by 6:30 a.m.

Underwear - TMI!!! That one is something I'll be keeping to myself for now :-)

Vegetable I Dislike - I really detest radishes, raw onions and turnip.

What Makes Me Run Late - Getting up 30 minutes late every morning ;-) and my husband --- he is notorious for being late for everything!!

X-Rays I Have Had - Right knee when I was a kid and chest as an adult.

Yummy Food I Make - There is so much to choose from!! Lately, I have been making a killer balsamic gnocchi and vegetable stew. For potlucks, I like to make my friend, Judy's, Skor Trifle, which is a total crowd pleaser (one day I'll share this one with you)!

Zoo (Favourite) Animal - Ever since I attended a conference that featured Ken Ramirez as a speaker, I am amazed by dolphins. I also love koalas because I think they are cutest little guys ever!!

So there you have it!! A few little tidbits of info to give you a peak into who I am.

What a fun exercise - I would love to hear about the ABCs of you!!

Now I am off to relax. Today is going to be filled with hanging with the pups and watching some flicks...I hope you have a good day!

Andrea

1 comment:

  1. This is a great post, I learned stuff about you I didn't know and I'm glad you're still liking the Skorr Trifle. I might do this on my blog, okay?
    Judy

    ReplyDelete