Wednesday, February 9, 2011

"Organic" Wednesday

Happy Wednesday!! I love Wednesdays because that is the day my organic produce order comes in. There is an awesome service in my area that delivers organic produce to your doorstep. Express Organics provides service to London, Sarnia, Chatham and surrounding areas and I must say their produce is fantastic. Check out the loot that arrived today:


Spinach and bananas for my morning smoothies, avocado, oranges, baby bok choy, rainbow chard,onions, potatoes, garlic, sweet potatoes, mango, lemons, etc. etc.  Who knew I'd be so excited to have fresh and delicious produce in the middle of February!! I am easily amused and excited these days ... especially when it comes to food :-)

After I got all my fruits and veggies put away, I knew just what I was going to make for dinner....I saw a great dinner idea by Kris at i heart wellness a few days ago that I have been wanting to try:  Pesto over Roasted Veggies. I just chopped a bunch of veggies (2 peppers, 2 onions, zucchini & mushrooms), lightly tossed them in olive oil and roasted them in the oven. Once roasted, I tossed them in a delicious basil pesto (I used a store bought basil pesto which worked wonderfully) ~ this meal was easy and delicious!


I could eat just about anything if it was smothered with pesto, couldn't you???

Wishing you all a wonderful evening,

Andrea

2 comments:

  1. ohhhhh girl, mushrooms!!!! That would have been the bomb with the pesto! How gorgeous is this meal!?

    How do you feel about variety in your veggie box? Do you ever run out and need more veggies than what comes?

    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mushrooms were the bombdigity ;-) in this dish!

    I order a box of veggies every 2 weeks and I do pick up a few things by the end of the second week. There is quite a bit of variety ~ they put together a box, but then they also give you a list of substitutions you can make without charge, so you can really customize your order to your tastes. I like the box b/c it forces me to be creative and not get in a rut cooking with the same things week after week.

    ReplyDelete