Friday, February 25, 2011

Friday Night Snacktime!

Happy Friday!!!

Well we have made it through another week - woo hoo!!  I think that calls for an amazing and delicious snack. I've had an eggplant sitting in my fridge for over a week and all day I have been pondering about what I should do with it ~ so I thought I would try making some Baba Ganoush. I love this dip, but I've never made it....I'm a Baba Ganoush virgin ;-)

Best Baba Ganoush
Adapted from recipe by Winky on http://www.allrecipes.com/

1 medium eggplant
1 lemon, juiced
1/4 c tahini
3 tbsp raw sesame seeds
2 cloves garlic
1 tsp Spicy Herbamare (sea salt)
1 tbsp olive oil

Preheat oven to 375. Wash eggplant and stab with a fork. Place on baking sheet and roast for 45 minutes or until softened.





When done roasting, dunk the eggplant in a large bowl filled with cold water. Once it is cool enough to handle, peel and cut into chunks. Put chunks into blender.

Add lemon juice, tahini, sesame seeds, garlic and sea salt to blender.


Blend until smooth.

Pour mixture into bowl and add olive oil. Mix.


Refrigerate dip for 2 to 3 hours. (for me the waiting time is excruciating....I want to eat it NOW!!)

Serve with your favourite crackers or vegetables. It would also be very tasty in a wrap! I just discovered Mary's Organic Crackers, so that's what I'm having - can you believe that they are wheat free and gluten free....& most importantly full of seedy deliciousness?!?!

Why would you fill up on fatty chips & dip when you can snack on such a divine, healthy snack?

Have I told you how much I love Friday nights :-)

You might remember that tomorrow is a big day for me....it's Day #1 of my 21 day cleanse. I have started stocking up for the coming week....check out some of my purchases so far. I've also purchased some organic fruits and veggies for my first green juice tomorrow morning. I can't tell you how excited I am ~ I am so looking forward to inspiring you & sharing my cleansing journey with you.


Make sure you check back to see how things are going - I'm going to be posting lots of awesome recipes and photos and I am hoping that after doing a bit of research, I can give you some helpful information on some of the things I am trying out over the next few weeks.

Until then....I bid you goodnight!!

Do you reward yourself with a little treat at the end of the work week??
What kind of dips are your fave???

Andrea

5 comments:

  1. What kind of cleanse will you be following?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm following the 21 day cleanse that is set out in the book "Crazy Sexy Diet" by Kris Carr. Lots of fresh green juices and smoothies, try to eat at least 60% raw and cutting out caffeine, refined sugar, wheat, gluten, alcohol, processed foods, dairy (I think that's it)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on your cleanse!

    I love baba ganouj as well; it's so tasty! But my favorite dip overall is hummus. Can't get enough of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My treat at the end of the work week ... is usually a beer :-) Or two.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beer (or wine) is usually involved in the end of week snacking - in fact I had a beer last night ;-) b/c with the cleanse I'm starting, no alcohol for 21 days!

    ReplyDelete