Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I'm Gonna Have to Face It...I'm Addicted to Cashew Butter

I don't know what it is about me & cashew butter, but I am addicted to the stuff. I find myself standing in the pantry dipping animal crackers into the jar and if I can't find any dippables, then I will even resort to my finger --- gross & I probably shouldn't admit it in writing, but sadly it is true <sigh>  I told you, I have issues :-)

One of my all-time favourite snacks used to be banana slathered in Skippy peanut butter and chocolate. What a classic and fail-proof combination!

My cashew butter obsession has now spilled over into this snack, although I have tried to convert it into something a little bit healthier (I saw this on a blog quite a long time ago and I can't remember where exactly, so I can't take full credit for this cute little treat).

Banana with Cashew Butter & Carob Chips
1 large banana, sliced lengthwise
2 tbsp of natural cashew butter
10 - 12 carob chips (or milk chocolate chips taste phenomenal as well)

Spread the cashew butter onto each banana half & then sprinkle with carob or chocolate chips....and enjoy!

Sooooooooo Good!!!

This is often a snack that I will make when we are cleaning the house - I cut into bite size chunks and we grab a bite everytime we pass through the kitchen. It just brings us a little joy during not so joyous chores such as dusting :-(

A banana smothered in Chocolate Cashew Butter Dip would also be divine!!

Wishing you some happy snacking and a very goodnight!

Andrea

6 comments:

  1. a great update on a classic snack-cashew butter makes everything classy!
    have you ever tried to make your own? it's pretty fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am addicted to raw cashews and cashew butter. I like to call it my drug of choice. LOL. I used to mix raw cashew butter with honey and add some semi sweet chocolate chips. It was so good it was like eating cookie dough but better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. pop over to this site e9x36l4s16 Ysl replica bags replica bags and shoes Web Site x1y06g8c71 best replica designer bags replica bags turkey replica bags prada click site g1x66a3f40 replica bags high quality

    ReplyDelete