Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I'm Gonna Have to Face It...I'm Addicted to Cashew Butter

I don't know what it is about me & cashew butter, but I am addicted to the stuff. I find myself standing in the pantry dipping animal crackers into the jar and if I can't find any dippables, then I will even resort to my finger --- gross & I probably shouldn't admit it in writing, but sadly it is true <sigh>  I told you, I have issues :-)

One of my all-time favourite snacks used to be banana slathered in Skippy peanut butter and chocolate. What a classic and fail-proof combination!

My cashew butter obsession has now spilled over into this snack, although I have tried to convert it into something a little bit healthier (I saw this on a blog quite a long time ago and I can't remember where exactly, so I can't take full credit for this cute little treat).

Banana with Cashew Butter & Carob Chips
1 large banana, sliced lengthwise
2 tbsp of natural cashew butter
10 - 12 carob chips (or milk chocolate chips taste phenomenal as well)

Spread the cashew butter onto each banana half & then sprinkle with carob or chocolate chips....and enjoy!

Sooooooooo Good!!!

This is often a snack that I will make when we are cleaning the house - I cut into bite size chunks and we grab a bite everytime we pass through the kitchen. It just brings us a little joy during not so joyous chores such as dusting :-(

A banana smothered in Chocolate Cashew Butter Dip would also be divine!!

Wishing you some happy snacking and a very goodnight!

Andrea

2 comments:

  1. a great update on a classic snack-cashew butter makes everything classy!
    have you ever tried to make your own? it's pretty fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am addicted to raw cashews and cashew butter. I like to call it my drug of choice. LOL. I used to mix raw cashew butter with honey and add some semi sweet chocolate chips. It was so good it was like eating cookie dough but better.

    ReplyDelete